We hereby inform you about the change in the numbering plan for telephone and ISDN services in the Netherlands. The change affects 0800 and 090X prefixes. Attached you can find the information letter from the Dutch regulatory authority "ACM" and the official decision on the change in the law. The new regulation indicates that from December 16th 2022, certain procedures or certain services may no longer be practiced:
- It is prohibited to forward calls to any 0800-number, except from another 0800-number, if both numbers have the same owner.
- It is partially prohibited to use a 0906 number for a chargeable forwarding service (exceptions Article 1b). Exceptions:
- a.The number is forwarded to another number of the range 0900, 0906 or 0909, if both numbers have the same owner.
- b.The forwarding is necessary in the context of a direct agreement between the number user of the 090x-number and the number user of the target-number.
- c.The call is forwarded to a foreign country where the caller is located or to a number assigned by ITU, without this number being promoted for the service.
- It is forbidden to transfer calls from a 0906 number to a number in the 18xx range.
Beginning with the 16th of December 2022, ACM will check whether the use of numbers is in compliance with the law.
The number holder is subject to a so-called duty of care. This means that the number owner is responsible for ensuring that the assigned number is compliant with the rules.If forwarding services are currently offered via 0906 numbers that will soon no longer be permitted, the purpose for using the number can still be changed by the relevant date. If there is a violation of the Telecommunications Act, ACM will take appropriate enforcement measures (such as withdrawal or deactivation of telephone numbers).
If you require further information on this subject please do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to assist you regarding this matter (info(at)telequest.at).
Although this information has been compiled with extraordinary diligence, telequest & Internet Solutions GmbH assumes no liability for their up-to-dateness, completeness and correctness. The customer is in spite of handing out this information obligated to gather all necessary information about the legal and regulatory provisions and the Code of Conduct of the particular country himself.